Every owner of carpet flooring knows that a spill – any spill – can permanently stain or damage carpet flooring. However, not all carpet spills are created equal, and some have the potential to do much more harm than others. In this article, we list out the worst types of spills you should be taking extra notice of.
Red Stains are Notoriously Hard to Remove
- Red Wine: Hosting a romantic dinner is all well and good if no red wine is accidentally spilled. Red wine has the potential to cause lots of damage you our carpet due to its acidity, even more so if your carpet is light colored. To get rid of the stain, blot it with a cloth before pouring club soda on top. Alternatively, you can try scrubbing the stain with baking soda.
- Tomato Sauce: Blotting at the stain with a paper towel and using a gentle carpet cleaner may do the trick, but if not, it may be time to call in a professional.
- Blood: If you get blood on your carpet, the next thing you should do after tending to your wound is to try and get the stain out with a laundry enzyme detergent.
Spills that Require A Professional Carpet Cleaner to Handle
If you get any of the following spills on your carpet, your best bet would be to call in a professional carpet cleaner. You can try cleaning it up yourself first, but experience has proven that it is almost impossible to get such stains out completely.
- Bleach: It may seem ironic that bleach can leave a stain on your carpet that is almost impossible to remove, but it’s true!
- Coffee: We all can’t do without that cup of coffee in the morning, but your carpet definitely can.
- Nail Polish: As much as possible, try to avoid doing your nails on carpeted floor because if you do happen to spill some, it will be very difficult to get it out.
- Chocolate: If you spill chocolate on carpeted floor, always do your best to clean it as soon as possible. Once the chocolate has melted, you will have a much tougher job.
- Beer: Beer may not leave behind a stain that is too unsightly, but the odor tends to linger even after you have cleaned it up.
- Milk: Similarly with milk, a rancid odor can linger if you do not call in a professional carpet cleaner.
Precision Carpet Care Can Take Care of Any Carpet Spills
If there is an unsightly spill you would like to get out of your carpet or if it is simply time for a general carpet cleaning, Precision Carpet Care is here to take care of your every need. We go above and beyond to meet your expectations and have your carpet looking good as new. Please feel free to contact us for a free estimate and our skilled technicians will be in touch as soon as possible!