Much like there exists the “golden rule” of making a dental appointment every six months, so too is there a rule of thumb for getting your carpet cleaned. If you are wondering how frequently that should be, the absolute minimum is once a year – and we are not talking about a simple weekly vacuuming. Of course, the actual frequency will depend on several factors such as whether you have children and/or pets. In this article, we lay it all out for you.
The Truth About Carpets
You may be under the impression that your carpet does not look that dirty and weekly vacuuming will suffice, but you couldn’t be more wrong. Carpet traps dust and dirt beneath the base of their fibers, and other substances like food bits can get trapped as well. When left unattended for prolonged periods, these particles can start to spread germs and bacteria, posing a health hazard.
Factors Affecting the Frequency of Professional Carpet Cleans
While you will benefit from vacuuming your carpet at least once per week, there are several factors to take into consideration when it comes to a professional carpet cleaning. Although once a year is the recommendation, you may need to get it done frequently if any of the below applies to you:
- Do children and/or pets live in your home?
- Do any of your family members smoke or have respiratory conditions/allergies?
- Are shoes worn inside the house?
- How much foot traffic does your carpet receive daily?
How Often Should You Get Your Carpet Professionally Cleaned?
Now you are familiar with the factors that affect the frequency of professional carpet cleans, let us spell out exactly what that means for you.
- Children: All parents have been privy to a juice spill or two, not to mention the copious amounts of mud and dirt your child can unwittingly trek in. Households with young children will do well to have their carpets cleaned professionally once a year, doubling this frequency for high-traffic areas.
- Pets: We can’t live without them, but that does mean putting up with constant shedding, muddy paw prints as well as pee stains. Households with pets should engage professional carpet cleaning twice a year, and every three to six months for high-traffic areas.
- Children and Pets: If your household consists of both young children and pets, you know what that means: a very dirty carpet. Households that fall under this category may want to consider getting a professional carpet clean every two to three months.
Precision Carpet Care Specializes In Carpet Cleaning
If it is time for your scheduled professional carpet cleaning, Precision Carpet Care is your go-to for customer satisfaction. As the proud holders of an IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification), we go above and beyond to meet your expectations and have your carpet looking good as new. Please feel free to contact us for a free estimate and our skilled technicians will be in touch as soon as possible!